Lips are one of the most important parts when it comes to makeup. Paying attention to your lips can elevate your whole look. Sometimes merely putting on a bright lip color can be all the makeup you need. Lips have a way of catching attention to your face which is why it is important to highlight them no matter what kind of makeup look you are going for.
Many people do not know that putting on lipstick is an art itself and requires much more than just swiping a gloss over your lips and calling it a day. That is why we have compiled a list of makeup tip and tricks that every woman should know.
- Eyes have more of an effect on your lips than you think. Different colored eyes favor different kinds of lip colors. If you have dark eyes like brown or black, then you should go for lip colors that are cool toned like deep reds or purples. People with lighter eye colors, like green or blue, should favor lip colors that are warm toned like bright reds or pinks. It is all about color theory and how you implement it.
- Pouty lips have always been more appealing and if you don’t have them then you can recreate them by playing with lipstick. Applying a lighter shade of the lipstick to the center of your lips and then a darker shade by the edges can bring out a natural pout.
- Pick your blush and lipstick shade from the same family. If you pick similar shades for your lips and cheeks then they look more natural as well as prettier.
- Skin toned lip colors have become hugely popular because they look natural and make your lips look amazing. Picking the right shade according to your skin complexion can be tough for some people. You can check your perfect shade by pulling down your bottom lip and seeing the color of the skin there.
- If you put concealer on the center of your lips before applying the first coat of lipstick then it would create dimensions on your lip and give a more contoured look.
- Sometimes bold lipsticks can look too sharp and stand out too much on your face. You can soften the look by putting a clean finger right on the edges of your lip line to dab off the sharpness.
- Before applying your lipstick, put some foundation or concealer right on your cupid’s bow. It will make your lips full after you put on lipstick.
- One of the biggest complaints we all have is that our lip gloss does not last all day. But that is because it is not meant to as it is of a fluid texture which is bound to wear off. To combat this problem, you can put on a similar shade of lipstick underneath your gloss so that when it comes off you can still have color on your lips.
- One of the biggest mistakes people make when purchasing lipsticks is to check the shade on the back of their hands. The skin on your hand and lip is not of the same shade so the lip color can look completely different on your lip as to how it looked on your hand. To check how it looks, apply the lip color on your lips only.
- Sometimes we are aiming for a softer look and do not want our lipsticks to be highly pigmented. To achieve a lighter and more stained effect, apply your lip color by dabbing it on to your lips instead of applying it directly.
- Lip scrubs can be lifesavers because your lipsticks apply smoother afterward but they can also irritate your skin if you use them frequently. To get rid of all the dry skin on your lips, press a strip Scotch tape on your lips. You can then apply your lipstick without it getting crusty afterward.
- One of the most important things is to keep your lips moisturized and hydrated throughout the day so that when you apply lipsticks it goes on smoothly and looks good. When applying lip balm, make sure you apply it further than your lip line to get the best out of the application.