- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is ready to accept all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters regional 117 internal applicants will receive very first consideration. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, employment cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard hours that are working 40 hours each week. Candidates must certanly be open to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions associated with the Fair Labor guidelines Act and it is perhaps maybe not overtime-eligible.
JOB EXPLANATION: The duties of the category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and keep maintaining a wastewater treatment center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents make sure conformity with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and air that is federal wastewater and security laws and demands and tend to be in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations consist of hiring, review and evaluate worker task performance and supply constructive feedback; provide mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of the team in addition to planning that is long-range scheduling of the team. Ensure prompt conclusion and quality of work because of the crew. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition supplies and equipment, keep inventory, make sure requisition procedures are followed and work out budget decisions.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned section of major construction jobs with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide technical expertise on long-range unique tasks; provide way to senior staff on unique jobs.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work requests with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply training to other people and training that is maintain on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make process control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division as well as other agencies’ reactions to unusual occurrences and emergencies; simply take corrective action as appropriate. Can be in charge of media contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Run, monitor and blued reddit control gear and systems utilizing complex computers. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the absence of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties associated with other classifications in the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be accessible be effective all change schedules, including rotating changes; could be necessary to be on standby and/or call-out status and susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with task administration strategies and axioms
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, odor control, electric, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is radio control system for the gear and systems within the initial, main and additional, solids handling, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced familiarity with expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to regulate, run and monitor a significant wastewater therapy system
- Advanced familiarity with experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training in the gear and systems when you look at the initial therapy area, main therapy area, secondary area, solids handling area plus in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and maintenance manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in maintaining and developing a powerful working relationship with all the general general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, associates along with other workgroups.
- Advanced understanding of advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and operations and complex smell control systems also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge when you look at the application of participative workplace company concepts, such as the company planning procedure, the establishment of criteria and feedback, communication, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some understanding of buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and short-term workload preparation, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Experience in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and process information, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Experience when you look at the application of security policies, procedures and methods for restricted room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing right right back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in higher level training to generally meet or meet or exceed King County, state and federal laws
- Supervisory abilities to lead, coach and teach; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and simply simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Information LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- CPR and aid certification that is first
SELECTION PROCESS: A process that is competitive will likely to be employed for this selection procedure. Report on interior applicants should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. Outside applicants will need connections for recommendations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human Resource Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific