As Fragrance always impacts on one’s personality, similarly can leave a bad scar on your persona. You move towards a well-known brand when you intend to buy long lasting perfumes, but it’s not necessary that fragrance of every branded perfume last longer, you would have to take care of it by knowing tricks. If you are a fragrantica (perfume lover). You must know the tips to keep it long lasting. Majority of the people have a misconception that all expensive perfumes have a long shelf life. But let me correct, there are some tricks need to follow to have a maximum shelf life from the production date. It’s not crucial that every expensive product you buy will have long-lasting fragrance.
Most of the time perfumes give different fragrance but with the passes of time, it modifies to some unpleasant smell. Let’s give you my own experience. A perfume that I used had a very pleasant and attractive fragrance, but I did not cover it cap tightly even sometimes put in drawer uncovered in warm places. Whenever I used, it smelled so differ than before and wonder me as it has been so changed, but I didn’t know that perfumes also have a deadline.
To maximize the shelf life of your perfume and to gather perfume related here we have some tips that may help you out to maximize the shelf life of your perfume.
Go for perfumes that store excellence ingredients:
Even though the fragrance is not something essential to start your day with, but you can feel much happier, confident and enhance yourself properly if you smell nice. The fragrance of perfume depends on the ingredients put in it. Perfumes that are citrus based usually don’t stay longer than woody and musk based fragrance. Woody and musk based perfumes are made up of oil that evaporate slower than citrus-based perfumes. Perfumes that contain a large amount of oil stay longer but are more expensive than the perfumes having a small amount of oil.
- Keep your perfume in dark place to avoid direct sunlight, such as a closet or drawer is the best option because it is a dry and cool place.
- To extend the shelf life of fragrance refrigerator is considered the best place. Store in refrigerator but away from food items so that it does not absorb the smell of foodstuff.
- Close the bottle of perfume tightly to prevent evaporation.
- Don’t keep fragrance in the bathroom as the temperature of bathroom changes plus there is high humidity that may be the result of deterioration.
- In order to preserve, fragrance must be placed properly like fine wine.
How to know that perfume has gone off:
When any changes occur in perfume you may easily observe. Some perfumes fade away gradually and some lost intensity with time passes. When you observe that your perfume has modified its color (for instance, turned yellow or darker) or has become thickened. It should be discarded.